Journal / Book Chapters
49. Ahmadi Khiyavi, O., Seo, J., and Lin, X., Three-dimensional metal pipe detection for autonomous excavators using inexpensive magnetometer sensors, IEEE Sensors Journal, 2023 (Aug), accepted, DOI: 10.1109/JSEN.2023.3308511.
48. Ahn, D., Kim, K., Oh, J., Seo, J., Lee, J., and Park, Y., Optimal control of semi-active suspension for agricultural tractors using linear quadratic Gaussian, Sensors, 2023 (July), 23(14), 6474.
47. Parsons, T., Seo, J., and Livesey, D., Waste collection area generation using a 2 stage cluster optimization process and GIS data, IEEE Access, 2023 (Feb), vol. 11, pp. 11849-11859, DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2023.3241626.
46. Kim, J., Im, D., Choi, H., Oh, J., Seo, J., and Park, Y., Multi-body dynamics modeling and driving performance evaluation of oil recovery vehicle, Proc IMechE Part K: Journal of Multi-body Dynamics, 2023, vol. 237(1), pp. 74-85, DOI: 10.1177/14644193221134161.
45. Oh, K., and Seo, J., Development of a sliding mode control-based path tracking algorithm with model-free adaptive feedback action for autonomous vehicles, Sensors, 2023, 23(1), 405, DOI: 10.3390/s23010405.
44. Parsons, T., Hanafi Sheikhha, F., Ahmadi Khiyavi, O., Seo, J., Kim, W., and Lee, S., Optimal path generation with obstacle avoidance and sub-field connection for an autonomous tractor, Agriculture, 2023, 13(1), 56, DOI:10.3390/agriculture13010056.
43. Rasul, A., Seo, J., Xu, S., Kwon, T., MacLean, J., and Brown, C., Optimization of snowplow routes for real-world conditions, Sustainability, 2022 (Oct), vol. 14(20), 13130, DOI:10.3390/su142013130.
42. Min, A., Nguyen, N., Howatt, L., Tavares, M., and Seo, J., Aeroponic systems design: considerations and challenges, Journal of Agricultural Engineering, 2022 (Sep), doi: 10.4081/jae.2022.1387 (online).
41. Afzalaghaeinaeini, A., Seo, J., Lee, D., and Lee, H., Design of dust filtering algorithms for LiDAR sensors using intensity and range information in off-road vehicles, Sensors, 2022 (May), vol. 22(11), 4051, DOI:10.3390/s22114051.
40. Oh, K., and Seo, J., Development of an adaptive and weighted model predictive control algorithm for autonomous driving with disturbance estimation and grey prediction, IEEE Access, 2022 (Mar), vol 10, page 35251-35264, DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2022.3163309.
39. Oh, K., and Seo, J., Sensitivity-based model-free adaptive displacement and velocity control algorithms for unknown single-input multi-output systems with recursive least squares, Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, 2021 (Oct), vol. 35 (11), pp. 5173~5185, DOI: 10.1007/s12206-021-1035-9.
38. Reginald, N., Seo, J., and Cha, M., Integrative tracking control strategy for robotic excavation, International Journal of Control, Automation and Systems, 2021 (Oct), vol. 19(10), pp. 3435-3450, DOI: 10.1007/s12555-020-0595-2.
37. Rasul, A., Seo, J., and Khajepour, A., Development of sensing algorithms for object tracking and predictive safety evaluation of autonomous excavators, Appl. Sci., 2021 (July), vol. 11(14), 6366, DOI: 10.3390/app11146366.
36. Rasul, A., Seo, J., and Khajepour, A., Development of integrative methodologies for effective excavation progress monitoring, Sensors, 2021 (Jan 7), vol. 21(2), 364. DOI: 10.3390/s21020364.
35. Choi, K., Oh, J., Kim, H., Han, H., Park, J., Lee, G., Seo, J., and Park, Y., Experimental study on the dynamic characteristics of hydro-pneumatic semi-active suspensions for agricultural tractor cabins, Applied Science, 2020 (Dec 16), vol. 10(24), DOI: 10.3390/app10248992.
34. Oh, K., and Seo, J., Recursive least squares based sliding mode approach for position control of DC motors with self-tuning rule, Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, 2020 (Dec 1), vol.34(12), pp. 5223~5237, DOI: 10.1007/s12206-020-1124-1.
33. Seo, J., Oh, K., and Noh, H., Development of MPC-based steering control algorithms with human driver model and evaluation of steering performance for an all-terrain crane, Advances in Mechanical Engineering, 2019 (June 21), DOI: 10.1177/1687814019859783.
32. Kim, J., Seo, J., and Lim, J., Novel modal methods for transient analysis with a reduced order model based on enhanced Craig-Bampton formulation, Applied Mathematics and Computation, 2019 (Mar.), vols. 344–345, pp. 30-45, DOI: 10.1016/j.amc.2018.09.070.
31. Oh, K., Kim, H., Seo, J., Cha, M., Lee, G., and Yi, K., Development and evaluation of advanced safety algorithms for excavator using virtual reality, Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, 2019 (Mar. 1), vol. 33(3), pp. 1381~1390, DOI: 10.1007/s12206-019-0239-8.
30. Oh, K., Seo, J., and Lee, G., Phase portrait analysis based safety control for excavator using adaptive sliding mode control algorithm, Journal of Drive and Control, 2018 (Sep. 1), vol. 15(3), pp. 8-13, DOI: 10.7839/ksfc.2018.15.3.008, ISSN 2234-8328.
29. Oh, K. and Seo, J., Inertial parameter estimation of an excavator with adaptive updating rule using performance analysis of Kalman filter, International Journal of Control, Automation and Systems, 2018 (June 1), vol.16(3), pp. 1226-1238. DOI: 10.1007/s12555-017-0087-1.
28. Oh, K., Park, S., Seo, J., Kim, J., Park, J., Lee, G., and Yi, K., Development of a predictive safety control algorithm using laser scanners for excavators on construction sites, Journal of Automobile Engineering, 2018 (Mar. 27), pp. 1-23, DOI: 10.1177/0954407018764046.
27. Oh, K. and Seo, J., Adaptive model free speed control algorithm of DC motors based on recursive least-squares with forgetting factor, Journal of the Korean Society of Precision Engineering, 2018 (Mar. 1), vol. 35(3), pp. 1-8, DOI: 10.7736/KSPE.2018.35.3.1, ISSN 1225-9071.
26. Oh, K. and Seo, J., Model predictive control-based approach for assist wheel control of a multi-axle crane to improve steering efficiency and dynamic stability, Journal of Automobile Engineering, 2018 (Feb. 23), pp. 1-13, DOI: 10.1177/0954407018756557.
25. Oh, K., Yi, K., Seo, J., Kim, Y., and Lee, G., Online estimation of rotational inertia of an excavator based on recursive least squares with multiple forgetting, Journal of Drive and Control, 2017 (Sep. 1), vol. 14(3), pp. 40-49, DOI: 10.7839/ksfc.2017.14.3.001, ISSN 2234-8328.
24. Oh, K., Seo, J., Park, Y., and Yi, K., Stability assist wheel control of multi-axle all terrain crane using RLS algorithms with forgetting, Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, 2017 (Sep. 1), vol. 31(9), pp. 4435-4446, DOI: 10.1007/s12206-017-0844-3.
23. Oh, K., Seo, J., Kim, J., and Yi, K., MPC-based Approach to optimized steering for minimum turning radius and efficient steering of multi-axle crane, International Journal of Control, Automation and Systems, 2017 (Aug. 1), vol. 15(4), pp. 1799-1813, DOI:10.1007/s12555-015-0472-6.
22. Oh, K. and Seo, J., Sliding mode observer-based fault detection algorithm for steering input of all-terrain crane, Journal of Drive and Control, 2017 (June 1), vol. 14(2), pp. 30-36, DOI: 10.7839/ksfc.2017.14.2.030, ISSN 2234-8328.
21. Seo, J., Lee, G., and Oh, K., Development of steering control algorithms for all terrain crane and performance verification based on real-time co-simulation, Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, 2017 (May 1), vol. 41(5), pp. 367-374, DOI: https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2017.41.5.367, ISSN 1226-4873.
20. Oh, K. and Seo, J., Adaptive model free control based steering control algorithm for multi-axle all-terrain crane using recursive least-squares with forgetting, Journal of Drive and Control, 2017 (June 1), vol. 14(2), pp. 16-22, DOI: 10.7839/ksfc.2017.14.2.016, ISSN 2234-8328.
19. Oh, K. and Seo, J., Development of automatic steering control algorithm based on MPC with disturbance observer for all-terrain crane, Journal of Drive and Control, 2017 (June 1), vol. 14(2), pp. 9-15, DOI: 10.7839/ksfc.2017.14.2.009, ISSN 2234-8328.
18. Oh, K., Yun, S., Ko, K., Ha, S., Kim, P., Seo, J., and Yi, K., Gear ratio and shift schedule optimization of wheel loader transmission for performance and energy efficiency, Automation in Construction, 2016 (June. 11), vol. 69, pp. 89-101, DOI: 10.1016/j.autcon.2016.06.004, ISSN: 0926-5805.
17. Oh, K., Park, S., Seo, J., Lee, G., and Yi, K., Laser scanner based stochastic and predictive working risk assessment algorithm for excavators, Journal of Drive and Control, 2016 (Dec. 1), vol. 13(4), pp. 14-22, DOI:10.7839/ksfc.2016.13.4.014, ISSN 2234-8328.
16. Seo, J., Noh, D., Lee, G., and Jang, J., A percussion performance analysis for rock-drill drifter through simulation modeling and experimental validation, International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing, 2016 (Feb. 1), vol. 17(2), pp 163-170, DOI: 10.1007/s12541-016-0021-0, ISSN 2234-7593.
15. Oh, M., Seo, J. and Jung, S., Implementation of position and force control by modelling of a miniatured excavator, Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems, 2016 (Dec. 1), vol. 22(12), pp. 1034-1039, DOI:10.5302/J.ICROS.2016.16.0081, ISSN:1976-5622.
14. Oh, K., Yun, S., Ko, K., Kim, P., Seo, J., and Yi, K., An investigation of energy efficiency of wheel loader with advanced powertrain: automated manual transmission, Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, 2016 (Jul. 1), vol. 30(7), pp. 2933-2940, DOI: 10.1007/s12206-016-0602-y, ISSN 1738-494X.
13. Oh, K., Seo, J., and Lee, G., Model predictive safety evaluation algorithm for excavators using RLS estimation of rotational inertia, Journal of Drive and Control, 2016 (Dec. 1), vol. 13(4) pp. 59-67, DOI: 10.7839/ksfc.2016.13.4.059, ISSN 2234-8328.
12. Kim, D., Nam, Y., Seo, J., and Jang, J., Development and verification of analytical model of a RHINO valve for 21-ton electric excavator, Journal of Drive and Control, 2015 (Sep. 1), vol. 12(3), pp. 52-59, DOI:10.7839/ksfc.2015.12.3.052, ISSN 2234-8328.
11. Choi, K., Seo, J., Nam, Y., and Kim, K., Energy-saving in excavators with application of independent metering valve,
Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, 2015 (Jan. 1), vol. 29(1), pp. 387-395, DOI: 10.1007/s12206-014-1245-5, ISSN 1738-494X.
10. Seo, J., Park, J., and Kim, H., Experimental evaluation of percussion performance for rock-drill drifter, Journal of Biosystems Engineering, 2015 (Mar. 1), vol. 40(1), pp. 1-9, DOI: 10.5307/JBE.2015.40.1.001, ISSN 1738-1266.
09. Noh, D., Seo, J., Park, J., and Jang, J., Analysis of drifter’s critical performance factors using its hydraulic analysis
model, Journal of the Korea Society for Simulation, 2014 (Sep. 30), vol. 23(3), pp. 33-40, DOI: 10.9709/JKSS.2014.23.3.033, ISSN 1225-5904.
08. Seo, J., Khajepour, A., and Huissoon, J., Comprehensive online control strategies for plastic injection moulding process, ASME Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, 2014 (Aug. 1), vol. 136(4), pp. 041009-1~10, DOI:10.1115/1.4027491, ISSN: 1087-1357.
07. Seo, J., Khajepour, A., and Huissoon, J., Thermal management in laminated die system, International Journal of Control, Automation and Systems, 2014 (June 24), vol. 12(4), pp. 794-804, DOI:10.1007/s12555-013-0348-6, ISSN:1598-6446.
06. Noh, D., Jang, J., Seo, J., Kim, H and Park, J., Development of drifter’s hydraulic system model and its validation, Journal of the Korean Society for Fluid Power & Construction Equipment, 2014 (Sep. 1), vol. 11(3), pp. 14-21, DOI: 10.7839/ksfc.2014.11.3.014, ISSN 2234-8328.
05. Oh, K., Kim, H., Yi, K, Ko, K., Kim, P., and Seo, J., Energy flow analysis of working and driving system of a wheel loader, Journal of the Korean Society for Fluid Power & Construction Equipment, 2014 (June 1), vol.11(2), pp. 22-29, ISSN (print) 2234-8328.
04. Seo, J., Khajepour, A., and Huissoon, J., Optimal sensor location in laminated die system, ASME Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control, 2012 (Jan. 12), vol.134(2), DOI:10.1115/1.4005035, ISSN: 0022-0434.
03. Kim, J., Seo, J., Batish, A., and Bhattacharya, A., Effect of process parameters in resistance micro-welding of stainless steel cross wire using fractional factorial experimental design, International Journal of Manufacturing Research, 2011 (Jul. 11), vol. 6(3), pp. 290 -303, DOI:10.1504/IJMR.2011.041131, ISSN: 1750-0605.
02. Seo, J., Khajepour, A., and Huissoon, J., Identification of die thermal dynamics using neural networks, ASME Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control, 2011 (Nov. 11), vol.133(6), DOI:10.1115/1.4004045, ISSN: 0022-0434.
01. Seo, J., Venugopal, R., and Kenné, J., Feedback linearization based control of a rotational hydraulic drive, Control Engineering Practice, 2007 (Dec. 1), vol. 15, pp. 1495-1507. ISSN: 0967-0661.
02. Oh, K., and Seo, J., Online tuning rule-based adaptive speed control algorithm for DC motors using recursive least squares with forgetting, Lecture Series on Advances in Motion Sensing and Control for Robotic Applications, Springer, 2019, pp. 33-44.
01. Seo, J., Khajepour, A., and Huissoon, J., Thermal dynamic modeling and control of injection moulding process, Autonomous and Intelligent Systems, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2011, vol. 6752, pp. 102-111.